After 25 years of successfully navigating the mortgage industry, Todd Bitter from JKS Mortgage sat down with our host, JP Hussey, to share his insights on originating loans from beginning to end as a one-man shop. Todd instills his motto with us reminding brokers that you don’t have to be everything for everyone, but you do need to find a system that works for you and stick to it religiously. It’s up to you to pass on loans that might not fit into the business model you’ve established, but building trustworthy realtor relationships is essential toward acquiring the type of loans you want to be handling. Take your business into your own hands, and create something that utilizes your strengths in a beneficial way. Listen to this episode of Broker to Broker to gain even more understanding of maintaining consistent communication with real estate agents, and utilizing online applications to protect brokers.
- 25 Years in the Wholesale Channel (3:15)
- Difficulties Breaking Into Mortgage Industry (11:36)
- Handling Everything from Start to Finish (19:08)
- Building Relationships with Realtors (31:38)
- How to Communicate with Realtors (44:51)
- Future of the Mortgage Broker Industry (52:50)